Redone Side table.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So we are finally fixing up our bedroom! after living here for 5 months and kinda having the kid's rooms pretty much done, I decided it was our turn. Our room was turning into the catch all for tools. We had a air compressor outside the closet for I don't know how long! Anyway So i found the perfect bedding At Target of course. I love target. it's pretty inexpensive considering. Anyway i have these cute little side table that Mom gave/lent me. So i needed to redo them to match the room.

This is how they started out.

Photobucket

I sanded it down a lot. got through a lot of layers of paint. I wanted a bit of yellow to poke through when i antiqued it. So use the same yellow wall paint that i had in my room and just slapped it on the corners and edges that i would be sanding. This works great for a bit of color popping through.

Photobucket

Then I painted the whole thing White. Once it dried really well i printed off the birds from my "handy Dandy" Silhouette. I did them out of vinyl and weeded the opposite so it would work for a stencil.

I placed the stencil on and use the grey wall paint to stencil them. Once they were all dry i took the sander to the whole thing.

I antiqued it with Brown craft paint mixed with Water.

Photobucket

I love how it turned out! It's so cute, But once i got it in my bedroom i decided it really didn't go with the look I'm going for. So as much as i love how it turned out, I'm going to redo it tomorrow! So stay tuned for the next version of the side tables!

Post a Comment

Back to Top